Based in Riga, Latvia
7th of March, 2016
Blades of the Righteous is a mix between tactical RPG and strategy game. You play as a commander that leads an army against dark forces all over the land. Micro-manage your units, choose what skills they learn and participate in random map events to progress further!
Blades of the Righteous was one of the first Vladimir's projects. It actually has three iterations and a long background of 'not giving up': the first version of the game for Steam Greenlight has been completed in October 2014. After Greenlight has been passed in May 2015, it has quickly became clear that the game is not really good. And since the Steam has allowed the publication to the store - there has been no other choice but to rework the game entirely - it took about a year, the second version of the game has been done in March 2016. After two months and some OK reviews it became clear that the game is not good enough. That did not stop its creator: the full engine rework has been completed at the beginning of June 2016, and fully revamped version of the game(1.3) has been published in June 2016, offering improved balance, faster battles and OpenGL shaders with more polished battle effects.
- Make your own playstyle! Choose your units and customize them by picking their skills.
- Participate in map events that boost your economy or throw enemies at you!
- Fight the enemies in action-packed turn based battles.
- Hire heroes that can be improved and ressurected in case of death!
- Unlock new map events as you progress in the game!
Gameplay Video YouTube
Game Review by Dragonius YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Satisfying and worth the purchase price."
- reiraku, Steam Review
- "I had the honor of being one of the testers for this game. Not because I'm any good at testing stuff, but because I genuinely enjoyed playing it."
- Sn00w, game tester, Steam Review
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Available to listen for free at youtube.com.
Blades of the Righteous on IndieDB
Game screenshots and data indiedb.com.
1.3 major update announcement
Game revamp: battle system and graphics steamcommunity.com.
1.2 major update announcement
The blog-post about patch that introduced heroes into the game steamcommunity.com.
About Coldwild Games
We're re a small games studio from Latvia, Europe. We made Blades of the Righteous and some Android Games.
More information on Coldwild Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Blades of the Righteous Credits
Developer, Coldwild Games
Designer, Coldwild Games